Employees; How do you define Loyalty?
Loyalty is usually short term.
What is the price for loyalty? Is it engrained, or incentivized.
Loyalty is different for everyone.
How do you know if you have someone loyal? Is there tall tell signs?
Here was our take away;
- Loyalty is usually short term.
- What is the price for loyalty? Is it engrained, or incentivized.
- Loyalty is different for everyone.
- How do you know if you have someone loyal? Is there tall tell signs?
Clearly we didn't leave our mastermind with answers. However, it definitely got our juices flowing.
In another group of Architects I associate with, the topic of employees who have side hustles came up. Many of the small Architectural firms found that team members who had part time jobs were not as focused on the job or productive. Now some of them contract out and have found success with this option. It is more transactional and project based.
At the end of the day, we are creatives, following our passion that leads hopefully to running a growing business with employees. For most, managing people is difficult and it really takes a specific individual, with the mindset and personality to manage others.
A few final tips from speaking to some peers
- Consider Hiring contract workers - Best results through networking
- Try a profit share program or incentive program. This may keep retention and those long term.
- Hire an HR company that can help guide you through Employee relations and standards.